President Barack Obama will meet with Pope Francis on March 27 at the Vatican. Here are a few things I think the Holy Father might say to President Obama. I am sure you have some of your own.
1) “Sure, I’ll play a game of one-on-one basketball with you, if you sit for an hour with me and Christ in the Adoration Chapel.”
2) “No, I can’t table any talk about abortion and traditional marriage until after the mid-term elections.”
3) “Have you had any homeless people over for dinner at the White House?”
4) “No, I can’t make you an honorary Catholic even though you have an honorary degree at Notre Dame. It doesn’t work that way.”
5) “You say you are a Christian. Then why are you not speaking up about the Christian persecution throughout the world?”
6) “My picks for the March Madness Basketball Tournament?—well, I always have faith in Notre Dame and Holy Cross.”
7) “Back to your assertion of being a Christian, why do you never mention the words “humility” or “sin” in your speeches?”
8) “Have you ever considered becoming Catholic? I would let you smoke during the instruction classes. Those classes will give you better results than golf?”
9) “You think that a baby that survives a botched abortion can be denied medical attention and put in a broom closet to die?–and yet you became President of the United States? Christe Eleison.”
10) “You see, I love all people, even teeny tiny people.”
Do you have some quotes of your own that you think Pope Francis could ask the President upon his visit to the Vatican? Go ahead. Share them here. I’d like to hear what you think.
© 2014. Jamey Brown. All rights reserved.